#EIJC16 @ Mechelen, Belgium
I created a dedicated category in our Discourse instance to help with organizing this year's Dataharvest hack day and/or any other related activities.
Moving away from email might prove effective in terms of communication. As a minor trade off, you will have to register before posting, or authenticate using a 3rd party provider (currently Yahoo, Twitter and GitHub are implemented).
Some communication suggestions would be:
- create new threads in Dataharvest category for:
- projects you'd like to work on
- administrative details
- hack day overall planning
- talks, sessions etc. planning
- propose an idea in a new post and @mention potentially interested parties so they'll be notified
- you can also reply to something and specifically mention @some_user
- last but not least: express yourselves with emojis
Too much text already and no action points. Therefore, let's:
- Join (all of us) this Discourse site
- Create new threads on desired topics instead of the long, hard to search email threads
- Participate in the discussion(s)
- Make DH awesome!